BACKGROUND

Thursday 18 August 2011

Project #1 ~ My Autumnal Wall Hanging

The following pics is my first quilting / sewing project I've ever done. I saw something like it in one of my favourite shops (Liberty Bell in Chester) and we decided to do one ourselves. My husband, Martin, is a really good artist and I can't draw (not even a stick person, lol), so he's kindly volunteered himself by making the templates for me. What a nice husband!

I found a beautiful Charm Pack from Moda called Antique Fair and I used 12 squares from it and have already created the scrappy quilt top. Next we are going to appliqué a few autumnal images on to it. I'm really looking forward to starting this stage because I get to play around with a few stitches on my machine and may even try doing blanket stitching by hand if my machine can't. By the way, I have no previous experience in Sewing or Quilting at all, I just stumbled upon an American quilting company called Missouri Quilt Co and watched all their amazing tutorials, done by Jenny, who makes quilting look so easy that someone like me who has no experience can pick it up and create something in no time! So I totally recommend watching their tutorials if you are new to the world of quilting; or even if you're looking for some inspiration in your next quilting project.

************************ Update ************************

Yipppeeee... It's now complete!! All I have to do is cut down the wooden rod and hang it up. I'm pretty surprised at how well it turned out. Now on to the mother daughter project.. No rest for the wicked I tell ya! :)









No comments: